If You Have A Unit With One But Not The Other, Here's What They Look Like:
Slatted openings on the ceiling, wall, or floor allow air to circulate through the AC. If you feel a suction effect or see the paper pulled toward the vent, it’s a return vent. Get in touch with a professional for AC repair in Bowling Green, KY.
An air handler is a large metal box that contains an air conditioner’s motor and fan. The air filter should fit into either system’s slot. A larger house may have more than one system, and each system will have its filter.
How To Change Your Air Filter?
Now that you know where to look, here are the steps to replace your AC’s air filter:
- Your first step should be to determine the size of your filter.
- There should be a label on the previous filter that indicates the filter size for each unit.
- Remove your old filter by turning off your air conditioner, unscrewing the air handler or grate from the return duct, and pulling it gently out.
- You should discard the filter if it is dirty, wrinkled, greyish, or dust-filled.
- Make sure the new filter is positioned facing the same way as the previous one.
- Observe any directions that are printed on the new filter’s package.
- An arrow typically indicates the direction of the air pull, and you want the air to draw toward your system.